Are you looking for a job with children with special needs? We recruit all year round for play-workers to work alongside our young people.
- Are you passionate about supporting children and young people?
- Do you want to help them reach their full potential?
- Are you keen on creating and fostering enjoyable spaces for them to thrive in?
If you have a playful heart and are excited by these prospects then we would love to hear from you!
About the Role:
We are looking to hire motivated and dedicated individuals to assist in the day to day organization of Incredible Kids sessions ensuring quality play activities are facilitated within a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with a disability, special needs, or any additional needs, and supporting their families.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we look for a passionate playworker to enhance our growing service.
Watch a video about our service here
About Incredible Kids:
Incredible Kids is a Christian Charity that runs inclusive play and support sessions for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities. All trustees of the charity are Christian. The charity also supports siblings and parent carers. Operating since June 2012 the charity was set up by parents to provide mutually beneficial support to each other, allowing their children and young people to play. Join us to help disabled children and their families smile!
The charity aims to reduce social isolation for families with children or young people with special needs, increase their wellbeing and improve confidence and social skills by providing meaningful play activities, mutually beneficial support and increasing knowledge and skills.
- Work within a team environment to help organize, facilitate and lead a range of play-based activities, both online and offline.
- Be responsible for the safety and welfare of children, young people and their siblings, especially during outdoor sessions.
- Engage everyone in a friendly, enthusiastic, inclusive and motivated way.
- Visit families at home to deliver play trays to enable higher engagement during online play sessions.
- Encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective professional relationships.
- Ensure that all play equipment is properly maintained and fit for purpose.
- Develop interesting digital media such as videos, social media posts etc. and host parties on video calls to maximise participation for online play sessions.
- Keep records such as timesheets, support plans and session plans.
- Respond appropriately in case of emergencies.
We welcome all applicants that feel they would be able to make a positive difference and have the skills outlined below:
- A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the charity and our ethos.
- A responsible and caring attitude
- Flexibility to adapt play style to meet individuals needs and online play formats.
- Compassionate, understanding and trustworthy with a patient and tolerant personality.
- Fun and open minded attitude to play with a creative and imaginative disposition.
- Good communication skills with the ability to get on well with children, young people, and their parents.
- Capability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and be proactive to use your own initiative whenever required.
- Willingness to learn and develop through formal training and informal feedback.
If this sounds like you, we would love to welcome you to the team.
- Current first aid at work or emergency first aid at work certificate
- Experience of working with young people with additional needs
- Good sense of humour
- Awareness of Equal Opportunities
- Understanding of Safeguarding Children
- Understanding of Protection of Vulnerable Adults.
- Understanding of Health and Safety
- Understanding of Makaton
The Vench, Romney Avenue, Lockleaze, Bristol, BS7 9TB
As and when required as per COVID-19 guidelines and Incredible Kids’ adapted online play session formats.
Aged 23yrs+ £8.91
Aged 18-23 £8.50
Hours will vary in accordance with our rota. Please see your employment contract for specific information. Our current hours are shown below.
Saturdays 9am – 6pm;
Mondays 2.30pm – 7pm;
Fridays 2.30pm – 7pm;
Saturdays 9am -6pm;
You may also be requested to attend training days, which are arranged throughout the year.
Interview Process: Once we receive your application form, we will let you know within 7 working days whether you have been successful in being invited in for an interview. If you do not hear from us within 7 working days then unfortunately you have not been successful. Successful candidates will be invited to a practical & formal interview at one of our sessions within the hours mentioned above. You will play alongside the children for a time, whilst being observed by our staff, volunteers and parent representatives. You will then have a short 15 minute interview.
If you want to join a passionate and dynamic team we want to hear from you. To apply for the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Tag Special Needs Job