Are you keen on creating and fostering enjoyable spaces for them to thrive in?
If you have a playful heart and are excited by these prospects, we’d love to hear from you!
About the role of Incredible Kids Playworker:
We’re looking to hire a joyful, enthusiastic and kind person to help Incredible Kids provide a fun, safe and supportive play environment for children and young people ages 0 to 25 with additional needs on Fridays and Saturdays.
You will work as part of our team of playworkers to set up our play sessions for children with additional needs and their families, ensure our visitors have fun and make friends and then maintain and clean our venue at the end of each session. You will assist with inductions for new families and ensure everyone receives a warm welcome.
Location: The Vench, Romney Avenue, Lockleaze, Bristol, BS7 9TD.
About Incredible Kids
Incredible Kids is an award winning Christian Charity that runs inclusive play and support sessions for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities. All trustees of the charity are Christian.
The charity also supports siblings and parent carers. Operating since June 2012 the charity was set up by parents to provide mutually beneficial support to each other, allowing their children and young people to play. Join us to help disabled children and their families smile! The charity aims to reduce social isolation for families with children or young people with special needs, increase their wellbeing and improve confidence and social skills by providing meaningful play activities, mutually beneficial support and increasing knowledge and skills.
During 2020 we kept our service operating and when we were able kept our public facing frontline service open to our families. We quickly adapted our previously indoor service to be outdoors. None of us know what the future holds but we know that Incredible Kids has a determination to support its families in real, practical ways whenever possible and is able to quickly adapt to take on any new challenge.
We welcome all applicants that feel they would be able to make a positive difference and have the skills outlined below:
● A genuine enthusiasm for the work of Incredible Kids.
● Enthusiastic, hardworking, energetic, kind, friendly & professional.
● Able to adapt your communication and play to meet the needs of children, young people and adults.
● The ability to work in a team and get stuck in to any task needed.
● Ability to work under pressure and be proactive to use your own initiative whenever required.
● Able to work during the following hours:
Fridays 3.30pm – 8pm
Saturdays 9am – 6pm
Fridays 2.30pm – 7pm
Saturdays 9am – 6pm
● Current first aid certificate
● Understanding of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
● Understanding of health and safety
● Understanding of Makaton
You will receive:
- £11 per hour
- An Incredible Kids polo shirt and jacket
- A written reference at the end of your work
- Access to our free mental health support scheme 24 hours a day
- Full online and in-person training
- The ability to work overtime at our other sessions
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 13.5 per wees at weekends only
To apply: Please complete our online application form. You may record a video or sound recording of our application questions and attach them to the application form if you find this easier. We usually receive a lot of applications for our playworker roles so to give yourself the best chance please include as much detail as possible as to why you have the skills and enthusiasm to work at Incredible Kids. Please apply by May 5th 2023.