Part-time Play-worker to work with children and young people with additional needs and their siblings.
Join our busy team to help provide fun, inclusive play sessions for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
Please email email@example.com with your CV to apply.
Closing Date 3rd March. We reserve the right to close applications early if the right person is found sooner.
Wage: Aged 25yrs+ £8.72. Aged 18-24 £8.50
Hours of work:
Mondays 4pm to 8pm
Thursdays 3pm to 7pm;
Fridays 9.30am to 1pm;
Second and Third Saturdays each month 9am–6pm
Mondays 12.30pm – 6pm
Fridays 12.30pm – 6pm;
Second and Third Saturdays each month 9am–6pm
Location: Bourne Christian Centre, Waters Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 8BE
To assist in the day to day organization of Incredible Kids sessions ensuring quality play activities are facilitated within a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children and young people aged 0 – 25 with a disability, developmental difficulty or any additional needs, and supporting their families.
Main tasks of your role
• To be responsible for the, safety and welfare of children;
• To work within a team environment to help organize, facilitate and lead a range of play-based activities which could include sports, arts, crafts, games, drama, dance, multi-media and/or adapted activities;
• To ensure that Incredible Kids’ equipment is properly maintained and fit for purpose;
• To work within a team to set up and clear away for play sessions, or reset activities during the play sessions;
• To engage children in a friendly, enthusiastic and motivated way;
• To consult with the children and families, and involve them in the planning of activities;
• To use the child’s ‘Incredible Passport’ (if applicable) to ensure you are delivering appropriate play;
• To encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective professional relationships;
• Actively participate in training and development;
• Maintain good communication with staff, volunteers, children, young people and families;
• Be aware of, and adhere to, all Incredible Kids’ policies and best practice guidelines, including those on Safeguarding, Health and Safety, E-safety;
• Encouraging independence and positive self-esteem;
• Responding appropriately to emergencies;
• Keeping records (i.e. timesheets);
• Ensure that play is safe, and encourage children to be aware of their own safety and that of others;
• Treat the children and young adults as individuals and follow the advice of the parents/carers on how best to support them during the sessions.
You are also expected, at all times, to work following our principles which are Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty and Leadership.
• A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the charity
• Fun and open minded attitude to play
• Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to be pro-active and use own initiative
• Patient and tolerant personality
• Creative and imaginative
• Enthusiastic and hardworking
• A responsible and caring attitude
• The ability to get on well with children, parents and carers
• Flexibility through changing how you do things to meet individuals needs
• Willingness to learn and develop through formal training and informal feedback.
• Current first aid at work or emergency first aid at work certificate
• Experience of working with young people with additional needs
• Good sense of humor
• Awareness of Equal Opportunities
• Understanding of Safeguarding Children
• Understanding of Protection of Vulnerable Adults.
• Understanding of Health and Safety
• Understanding of Makaton
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a short online application form followed by a practical interview at our centre.
Incredible Kids is a Christian run charity looking for new trustees. The charity runs play sessions for young people with disabilities in Bristol. All Trustees are expected to have a Christian commitment and to uphold a Christian ethos. We are particularly looking for new trustees with PR, publicity, finance, legal, or HR experience.
For more information or to express an interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Incredible Kids
Incredible Kids is a charity that provides a life-line to children with additional needs and their families. We are looking for Incredible people to join our Incredible team. We need people who are motivated, dedicated and passionate about making life for children with additional needs as Incredible as possible. Are you Incredible? Then please apply.