Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of disabled children and their families?
Can you help us develop and deliver a provision that transforms lives?
Are you keen on creating and fostering enjoyable spaces to help children thrive in?
Our mission is to help disabled children and their families make friends and have fun giving them hope for the future. We want you to wake up excited to come to work knowing that you will be transforming lives and helping families to thrive. As the Service Manager you will manage our service, work with parent carers, and bring joy to children and young people with additional needs including their siblings. If what you’re doing isn’t giving you that sense of purpose that you seek and you want to join our mission to change lives, apply today!
Salary: £27,200 per annum FTE (pro-rata 22.5 hours a week £16,320 (£1,360 per month)
Working hours: 22.5 hours per week over 3 or 4 days. On site Friday 2.30pm – 8pm, Saturday 9am – 6pm. Bank holidays are working days as the sessions operates on these days.
A mixture of remote and face to face. Working face to face at our venue which is currently ‘The Vench’ in BS7.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Annual Leave: 28 days annual leave (pro-rata)
About Incredible Kids
Incredible Kids is an award-winning Christian Charity that runs inclusive play and support sessions for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities. All trustees of the charity are Christian. The charity also supports siblings and parent carers. Operating since June 2012 the charity was set up by parents to provide mutually beneficial support to each other, allowing their children and young people to play. Join us to help disabled children and their families smile!
The charity aims to reduce social isolation for families with children or young people with special needs, increase their wellbeing and improve confidence and social skills by providing meaningful play activities, mutually beneficial support and increasing knowledge and skills.
During 2020 we kept our service operating and when we were able kept our public facing frontline service open to our families. We quickly adapted our previously indoor service to be outdoors. None of us know what the future holds but we know that Incredible Kids has a determination to support its families in real, practical ways whenever possible and is able to quickly adapt to take on any new challenge. You’ll lead that service so resilience and adaptability are key skills to have.
You’ll play a key role in the smooth running of Incredible Kids service. Working closely with the Board of Trustees you will oversee the running of our services for disabled children and their families. Planning and preparing behind the scenes whilst managing our staff and volunteers to deliver, exciting and fun play sessions. In this varied role you will be responsible for welcoming and supporting families whilst ensuring a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children and young people who have a disability that are between aged 0 – 25 and their siblings.
Main objectives of your role
- Ensuring effective day to day running of our overall service in line with our vision and values.
- Delivering effective disability play sessions. These are currently held at The Vench, Lockleaze.
- Ensuring effective and up to date management of our resources, the equipment and spaces we use.
- Manage a team of staff and volunteers to work in the Incredible Kids team.
- Having overall responsibility for Safeguarding.
- Having overall responsibility for the Health & Safety of our service.
- Managing the relationship with the landlords of the spaces we use to deliver the sessions.
- Ensuring all staff and volunteers adhere to Incredible Kids, policies, procedures and practices at all times.
- Manage the equipment requirements for each session at each venue.
Serving our Families
- To welcome families to our sessions ensuring they are aware of the procedures for accessing incredible kids sessions and services.
- Researching, designing, resourcing and scheduling play activities to develop and deliver a wide programme of diverse activities and projects.
- Providing support to families at our sessions and signposting families to other SEND support organisations.
- To manage, train and supervise our session staff and volunteers ensuring induction, safeguarding, DBS processes and supervision procedures are followed.
- Confidently providing strong customer service to our families and resolving any conflict in a professional manner.
- Collecting evidence from children and families on the impact that Incredible Kids makes. This will be through a number of methods, i.e interviews, observation, surveys and other innovative methods.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them. Undertaking an enhanced DBS is a requirement of the role.
How to Apply:
Complete our online application form on our website including a covering letter and CV
The covering letter will form your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
Deadline for applications is midnight on Friday 12th August
We aim to inform shortlisted candidates by the 19th August
To have an informal chat about the role please contact us.
- Experience of managing and motivating a small team.
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organisational skills
- A joyful enthusiasm for the work and ethos of the charity
- Fun, creative and open minded passion for inclusive Special Educational Needs and Disability play.
- Experience and understanding of additional needs and disabilities
- Ability to give and receive feedback graciously.
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- You are expected to demonstrate the values and ethos of Incredible Kids, including selflessness, integrity and honesty.