Following government advice, we have temporarily suspended all of our indoor play sessions due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
We understand that our Incredible Kids families are facing challenging times, so we have developed an exciting programme of support for our families including outdoor play sessions, tuff tray delivery service and virtual events.
There are lots of conversations happening in our online community. We have regular news posts, and all of our members’ parents and carers, staff and volunteers have been invited to join our closed Facebook group where we are sharing lots of activity ideas, and health and well-being information.
To further help our families we have collated some useful resources. See below for more information and signposting to other support groups. Feel free to contact us if you can’t find the help you are looking for and we will try to assist and/or put you in touch with the relevant service.
- Discover our Incredible Sensory Delivery Service. Spoiler Alert: it’s free!This summer we have created a lending library of messy play and sensory fun. Our service includes home delivery to your doorstep of either a tuff tray with sensory messy play or an activity pack with play items. Please complete the form below to request an incredible delivery! One delivery… Continue reading
- Are you ready to go outdoors? Come with us on an Incredible Playground Adventure!This summer we are going outdoors! Join us at The Vench Adventure Playground in Lockleaze for some outdoor fun! Continue reading
- Incredible Summer Boot CampSummer holidays are often a time when we focus on our children. This summer we have reserved one hour a week to focus on parents and carers. In a small group of 6, we are offering Incredible Boot Camp throughout the school holidays. Sim Jemmett Personal Training will be helping… Continue reading
- Autism: Whose fault is it anyway? Blame does not help the parents. 10 tips for parents going through the SEND diagnosis process.A guest post written for us by one of our parents. Ten years ago as we entered the Sure Start Centre where our first parenting course took place, I remember the feeling of “Why are we here?” as though it was yesterday. Whilst the well-meaning health visitors watched us playing… Continue reading
- Legal changes to SEND support in schools during COVID-19 2020Whether your child or young person is already back at school or is returning in September, we have teamed up with Supportive Parents to create a handy guide to the changes in support that your child may face. This short, easy to read guide summarises the changes made by the… Continue reading
- Grants for families, children and young people with SENDIf you are looking to fund something for your child whether they are stuck at home during this time or tentatively back to school then there are some very generous funders offering grants to families that have children with SEND. At our sessions we have a huge selection of information… Continue reading
- Craft boxesRecently, we have have been kindly awarded a grant from Quartet Community Foundation to help us support you during COVID-19 lockdown and beyond. As a result, we have created free craft packs with exciting activities for your child. The packs include: Doodle art books, sensory toys, materials to build simple… Continue reading
- What’s on Summer 2020Who knows what will be open this summer? We will all need to be a bit more creative and flexible this year as many of our normal clubs and activities may be closed. We’ve made a handy list of ideas which we will update as we get more information. Of… Continue reading
- Entering Post-Lockdown Social AnxietyMost of us have been hiding away like hobbits since March, becoming ever more socially avoidant in the process. It’s no wonder that many of our children are facing severe anxiety about returning to the outside world, whatever that may look like. SEND and uncertainty are not usually the best… Continue reading
- Incredible Activity PackLockdown and summer holidays provides a lot of time to fill. Not everyone has the natural talents of Mr Maker or Mr Tumble so we thought we would make our own activity pack to give you activities to keep your family engaged and busy over the summer. Our playworkers have… Continue reading
- SEND Children & Young People: Planning for an Uncertain Summer HolidayOn the face of it, three months lockdown sounds appealing – getting up when you want, no pressure of work and of course, hours of bonding time. Scratch the surface, however, and you’ll see the cracks. For some families, lockdown has been a mixed blessing – on one hand, it’s… Continue reading